Outline of Basic Plans to Promote Kawasaki City’s Global Climate Change Mitigation
Kawasaki City is promoting efforts to mitigate climate change based on the Basic Plans to Promote Kawasaki City’s Global Climate Change Mitigation. In recent years, the impact of climate change (global warming), such as the occurrence of severe damage from typhoons, is becoming apparent, and it is an urgent issue that has a great impact on citizen’s lives and business activities.
In November 2020, Kawasaki City formulated the strategy “Kawasaki Carbon Zero Challenge 2050” to realize a decarbonized society by 2050 and has been promoting decarbonization efforts, but the city has now revised the Basic Plans to Promote Kawasaki City’s Global Climate Change Mitigation (revision date: March 31, 2022) based on the decarbonization strategy and rapid social changes at home and abroad.
[Direction and measures to promote green innovation]
A city that contributes to global decarbonization through green innovation
- Promote initiatives for carbon neutrality in coastal areas
- Consider designating regional decarbonization promotion zones based on the Revised Act on Promotion of Global Warming Countermeasures
- Promote efforts to decarbonize by building a new evaluation and support system for businesses
- Strengthen functions and promote international contributions to promote green innovation
- Promote green finance and investment promotion initiatives
Economic and Labor Affairs Bureau
Kawasaki Frontier Building 10th Floor,
11-2, Ekimae-honcho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki City, Japan, 210-0007